Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Assistive Tech for reading

I think that the programs in the article sound good. I do have a few concerns. One is would the students become too reliant on the technologies to help them read? It seems to me that when you learn something in a certain way or context then that becomes the way that you understand it. The other concern that I have is that in the reading it states that these programs are under used by teachers for students who have learning disabilities, but it seems that if the teacher didn’t commit to these technologies and only have heartedly used them it would hold back some students instead of help them. But to me if you had a teacher that had the program and believed in using it properly, then they could be effective.

Article Overview (this link takes you to my assignment)

No comments: